Tuesday, October 18, 2011

PJ4L!!

Sometimes I wonder why there is always so much laundry to do. We can never, ever, EVER, EVER get caught up.

Then I thought about how many clothes I wore yesterday alone. Dress pants, knee highs, bra, underwear, blouse, cardigan, t-shirt, sweat pants, sports bra, socks, another pair of underwear, pj pants, another pair of underwear, and another t-shirt. That's a lot of freaking laundry!

However it may seem, laundry woes are not the point in this post. The point in this post is sweatpants. And pajamas. Sometimes they are interchangeable. Who hasn't worn sweatpants to bed? Or pajamas to the gym? (Just me?). Well, in this case they are interchangeable.

I still haven't gotten to the point in this post yet, have I?

SORRY

Approximately 12 seconds after walking into the front door each and every night, I frantically tear off my dress clothes and replace them with PJs. Most days, it's completely unconscious, and I don't even realize I'm doing it until I'm tottering on one foot, while trying to yank my dress pants off over my high heels, that I somehow always forget to take off first. Today, mid-change-session, I wondered if Joe minded that I always transform myself from polished professional to slobby hobo as soon as I get home. I then looked over at him to ask whether or not this bothered him, only to realize that he was cooking dinner in a t-shirt and underwear. He does it too! WE ARE A PAJAMA HOME!

My name is SJ and I have a confession to make. I ONLY WEAR PAJAMAS AT HOME. No, not I refuse to wear them while venturing out of my home; that's not me at all. Rather I refuse to wear anything else except pajamas while home. I can get dressed, go out grocery shopping, be home by 11:00am, and as soon as I walk in the door, the jeans come OFF! Same goes for dress pants at the end of the day. I just cannot bear to wear them within the borders of my home. I do not water my balcony plants often enough solely because that would require pants. Sometimes PJs are pants-less, OK? Joe agrees. Haters gonna hate.

Is this normal? Joe says that everyone who wears dress clothes all day does this, but this is the kind of thing that people don't talk about. I don't care if people are all hush hush about this. I need to know. At what point in the day do you change into PJs?

Whatever your answer, mine will always be:

A.S.A.P.


PJs 4 LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment