Saturday, September 10, 2011

An afternoon in the life of...

My birthday is Wednesday, so we had my family birthday party at my mom's house this afternoon. Me, Joe, my mom, my brother, my mom's friend Mike, and my mother-in-law got together for a crab feast and birthday chocolate pie. YUM!




I wish the day was as simple and pleasant as that. It was full of ironies. As a birthday gift, Joe spent 3 hours this morning cleaning and detailing my car, only to back it into another car this evening. This means increased insurance rates on the eve of my 25th birthday, the age at which rates finally go down. Mike bought us a lot of crabs, only to under cook some and over cook others.

Don't get me wrong, the day was still very good. The second batch of crabs was cooked perfectly, the pie was THE BEST EVER, my car looks amazing on the inside (lol), and I got to spend the afternoon with my family.

Here's a little snippet of our afternoon. We were waiting for the crabs to be ready, and indulging in very mature and intellectual adult conversation... NOT!

Just to clarify the beginning, I am trying to flare my nostrils. I cannot. I've tried again, and again, and again. Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment