Friday, June 29, 2012

Currently Reading: Sarah's Key

HELLO THERE!

I made a new year's resolution to read 52 books this year, and I'm not even coming close. But I am reading a really good book right now, and thought I'd share.




It is Sarah's Key by Tatiana De Rosnay. It takes place during World War II, which is my favorite time period to read about. Plus, it's called Sarah's Key, and that's my name! Any book about a Sarah has to be the bomb, right? So far, I'm really loving this book.

From what I understand, all of my father's relatives who were living in Europe were murdered during the Holocaust; that side of my family are Polish Jews. My paternal grandfather changed his last name to an English name shortly after The War, and I was told repeatedly as a young child not to tell people I was half Jewish. Of course, I never do what I'm told, and I told anyone who would listen that I was half Jewish, only to be told by real Jews that I was not because my mother is not Jewish. Go figure!

Anyway, the book is jumping back and forth between 2 stories, one of a woman in "modern day" (10 years ago when the book was written), and one of a little Polish Jewish girl (named Sarah) living in Paris in 1942. I was hooked from the first page, and I can't wait to see how the two stories will come together.

Although I haven't finished it yet, I highly recommend it!

I'm going to the beach in a few weeks, and I need a good lighthearted beach book to read. Something funny, perhaps? Any recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment