Sunday, June 17, 2012

Baltimore 10 Miler & Happy Early Birthday, Joe!

Yesterday I ran the Baltimore 10 Miler race. I was very nervous even though I knew I could do it, because it was my first double-digit race. I set what I thought was an overly optimistic goal of 1:30:00, or 9 minute miles. I'd been running 10:40 miles in all of my practice runs, so I was very scared that I was setting myself up  for a big ole let down.

But I did it! Even better, I beat my goal by a minute! Here's the proof: an auto update posted to my Facebook profile:

 Winnie bear was very proud of me!


I had to get up at 5:00am to make it to the race on time, so after the race, I ate lots of food (obv), then took a several hour nap. I was so tired & it felt really good.

Then we headed over to my mom's house for a BBQ and Joe's birthday pie. It was raspberry cream pie. And it was perfection. My mom makes the best pies.


Happy 25th Birthday, Joe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment