Friday, July 13, 2012

Summer Reading List 2012

Warning!: This summer reading list is pretty damn ambitious!

Warning! 2.0: This summer reading list is pretty damn dorky.

Do I care? No! On both accounts!

I think it's totally possible to get through this entire list this summer, especially with vacation looming (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). And, even if I can't get through all of these books, I cannot wait to try.

So let's read, people!



Married With Zombies by Jesse Petersen
Zombies? Say no more! I'm in! This is perfect beach reading material (10 days to go!).



Catch 22 by Joseph Heller
Can you believe I've never ever read this book? Me neither.



The House at Riverton by Kate Morton
Heard it was like Downton Abbey. Loved The Forgotten Garden, by the same author. It sounds like literary destiny.



Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
After many, many recommendations, I will finally cave and read this.



Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard
I admittedly know nothing about this book or the TV series, but I'm very, very curious. So here goes nothing.



Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness
I liked the first book in this series well enough, so why not?



Golden Lily by Richelle Mead
I'm a ha-yuge fan of the Vampire Academy series. This is the 2nd book in a spin-off series that has so far lived up to its predecessor. Hopefully this one doesn't disappoint either!



A Thread of Grace by Mary Doria Russel;
After finishing Sarah's Key, I'm ready for another WWII book. I've heard this book is fantastic.



After Long Silence by Helen Fremont
I've had this book for years and never opened it. I figure it's time. And ditto what I said about WWII.



Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
Sounds very similar to one of my favorite series ever, The Fever Series. So I'll either be very fulfilled or very dissapointed.



The Dresden Files: Full Moon by Jim Butcher
'Cause I need a little male main character in my life.



Wild by Cheryl Strayed
Thank you, Mom, for the recommendation! Now please lend it to me. Thanks.




Matched by Ally Condie
T'was on sale. 'Tis dystopian me thinks. I bought it. The end.

What will I not be reading? Any more of that terrible 50 Shades series. I barely made it through the first book. It's not that I don't like a sexy book; I just hate a terrible book.

P.S. I used Pinterest for my images because it does all the work for me in terms of linking, uploading,photo credit, etc. I guess I'm just lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment