Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Starting a blog

I live in Maryland, and I really love where I live. I know that this isn't a rare sentiment, to love where you live, but the commonality of a feeling does not lessen its intensity.

I really enjoy reading blogs, and when I decided that I wanted to start my own blog, I sat and pondered as to what it should be about. What unique and interesting qualities do I have that would make my blog unique and interesting? I thought about it, and thought about it, and decided that there were none. I am not really that interesting. I love the same things that a lot of other people love. I do the same things that a lot of other people do. So I never started the blog.

But today I realized that its not always the unique qualities or skills that we have that make us relate to one another. Sometimes its the things that we have in common.

My name is SJ, and this is my blog. I live in Maryland, and crab cakes and football are at the top of my favorite things list, just as they are for almost everyone else who lives in my general vicinity. I still don't know what this blog is going to be about, but I've started it anyway, and I guess that's the first step toward figuring that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment